Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chart News: Week of 6/16/2012


I can't believe I'm typing this, but MDNA fell out of the Billboard Top 200 this week from #105 last week after a short 9-week run on the chart. I'm very surprised, I thought for sure it would stick around for at least a couple more weeks. Meanwhile, the album also slides down to #9 on the Dance / Electronic Albums chart.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Not in the album itself, I still think it's great, but I'm disappointed in how they handled this era. It seems like everything went downhill after the first week's sales. I really hope this is a wake-up call to Guy Oseary, and Madonna too for that matter. I really think proper promotion would have done wonders for MDNA's sales. *sigh!*

BILLBOARD 200: OFF (From #105)
DANCE / ELECTRONIC ALBUMS: #9 (Down from #5)
TOP CURRENT ALBUMS: #154 (Down from #94)

2 comments:

  1. While 'Turn Up The Radio' is a good song the cha cha palace anthem of the album is 'Some Girls' and the true heart of the record is 'Falling Free'. Interscope' is invested in Gaga. Is it a coincidence that Madonna disses her in concert and the album tumbles off the top 200 all in the same week? Why sign with your rivals label? Warner Brothers at least had her back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warner Brothers is really putting Interscope to shame.On the strength of her sold out world tour, Celebration re-enters the top 200 album chart at #136 while M.D.N.A is still nowhere to be seen.

    ReplyDelete